An economist has stated that the “eleventh-hour reprieve” of the furlough scheme has ‘scattered some extra cushions’ on what is expected to be a difficult road ahead.
Speaking on the recent ONS figures, Jack Kennedy, UK Economist at job site Indeed, explained: “The eleventh hour reprieve of the furlough scheme, which was extended just hours before it was due to expire at the end of October, has scattered some extra cushions on what is still sure to be an extremely rocky road ahead.”
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.