Workers within the UK likely woke up this morning feeling suspiciously refreshed. This is because today, Monday October, 26, 2020 is the start of the first working week since the clocks went back, giving the workforce seemingly one more hour in bed and plunging the UK into the start of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and the winter season.
Whilst the change, which inevitably takes place every year in October, may seem like a small one, it could well have a significant impact on the workforce for several reasons including energy levels, productivity and mental wellbeing.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.