Alex Cruz has stepped down as British Airways CEO after heavy financial losses, bitter union disputes and widespread criticism over the treatment of staff during rounds of job cuts.
With £3.8bn losses announced in July, as custom collapsed during the coronavirus crisis, Cruz was accused of leading a ‘fire and rehire’ job cuts strategy, as he oversaw 12,000 staff being made redundant.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.