Over the past few years, Katie Buchanan, Head of Sustainability at Virgin Media, said that there has been a notable shift in the view of sustainability from a “‘nice to think about’ to a core part of how businesses work today”. She told HR Grapevine: “Consumers, regulators, the Government and society are increasingly and understandably demanding more transparency, accountability and action from big businesses on environmental and social issues.” Simply put, she said that it is no longer acceptable for businesses to play a ‘passive’ role in society, adding that they need to adapt and respond to emerging issues – whether this is reducing environmental impact or supporting communities. A plethora of research has shown just...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.