The recent shift to remote working amid the pandemic has sparked new demands from employees across the UK, as many have expressed a desire to continue working from home in order to support a better work-life balance. This is echoed in a recent study of 2,000 adults shared by tech firm Huawei, which discovered that an overwhelming majority of desk-based workers in the UK (88%) want to continue working from home for at least one day a week. Of those seeking to keep a remote/office mix, 60% stated that they would like to work remotely for a minimum of three days a week and 17% want to be out of the office for the full five days. The success of this new way of working can be attributed to technology, as almost nine in ten desk-based workers agreed that tech is the key to working from anywhere. According...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.