The effect that the coronavirus pandemic has had on the jobs market has been huge. Research from CV-Library revealed that overall job numbers plummeted by 62.7% in Q2 2020, compared to the previous year and by a further 61.2% quarter-on-quarter as businesses struggled to function during the pandemic.
However, as the volume of applicants continues to grow, people teams looking to source new talent have one key consideration to keep in mind, which may require a constructive review of their approach to hiring.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.