Numerous outlets have reported that ecommerce giant Amazon has faced an influx of technical issues after its automated HR systems have been found struggling, due to the high increase of sick leave and backpay requests as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the Daily Mail, an investigation carried out by Bloomberg discovered that some of the company’s workers, many of which have been hit by the pandemic, have been restricted from interfacing with the firm’s heavily automated human resources division.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.