Workers at the ride-hailing firm Uber have been informed that they will be losing their jobs via a three-minute Zoom conference call, numerous reports have revealed.
According to Fox Business, a total of 3,500 customer service and recruitment employees were informed about the status of their employment in a series of video calls as the business continues to struggle and face uncertainty following the coronavirus pandemic.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.