As many as one in four UK workers now have a ‘side-hustle’, with that figure expected to grow to 50% by 2030.
According to research from Henley Business School, the rise in side-hustles – a hobby or outside job that has the potential to bring a secondary income – holds a massive financial benefit: generating £72billion for the UK economy. So, with such a large amount of the workforce opting to 'side-hustle', is HR embracing it?
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.