A top engineer and exec has resigned from Amazon after a five-year tenure with the firm, due to the way in which it handled its response to coronavirus.
Writing in a blog post, Tim Bray, former Vice President of Amazon Web Services, revealed that he had ‘snapped’ and felt ‘dismay’ after the e-commerce giant fired workers who called for greater protections amid the pandemic.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of the award-winning HR Grapevine Magazine and other publications.