Accommodation and food services, construction and transportation and storage are some of the UK industries reporting large-scale layoffs, new research has found.
Autonomy’s data – which shows the percentage of businesses by industry that responded to the Business Impact of Coronavirus Survey (BICS), stating they are laying off workers in the short-term – found that 52% of businesses within the accommodation and food services industries are laying off staff.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.