A firm has hit headlines for introducing an expenses policy that only allows employees to claim back work-related costs providing that they don’t contain meat.
According to the BBC, staff working for the property development firm, Igloo Regeneration will only qualify to be compensated for the work expenses they have incurred if the purchase is vegetarian. It was reported that internal staff voted on the idea for the policy and it passed, with just a few employees objecting to it.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.