According to a wealth of new data released by Reed HR, compensation across the HR industry grew last year, despite a generally rocky year for the sector.
Whilst some may assume that compensation for HR specialists has stagnated, from analysis of 7.5million jobs posted since the start of 2016, the research found that salaries in the HR sector grew by an average of 1.9% going into 2020, despite a downturn in the number of roles advertised. This growth has resulted in an average salary across the sector of £45,400, compared to the 2018 figure of £44,600.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of the award-winning HR Grapevine Magazine and other publications.