A candidate has accused a prospective employer of offering her £25,000 less than her current salary because it would be ‘better aligned to her age’.
Taking to Twitter, user @i0sTalia claimed that the company’s justification for the reduced salary was because they could offer her training and that her “current salary is quite a lot for my age so this would be more aligned.”
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.