When deciding which professionals deserve to receive a promotion, many factors such as work ethic, intelligence, quality of work and people-management skills are integral elements for managers to consider.
However, according to a new study by office outfitting company Furniture At Work, 43% of the UK workforce believes that becoming ‘buddies’ with management helps in gaining a promotion.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of the award-winning HR Grapevine Magazine and other publications.