Employers may incentivise their staff with several different methods. For example, offering vouchers for when a target is met or giving someone a day off on their birthday for hitting a deadline, are common ways staff may be rewarded for their hard work.
Purplebricks Canada has offered its employees one particular perk in exchange for their help. According to Forbes, the online estate agent offered its staff members paid annual leave in exchange for made up positive reviews on Facebook and Google.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.