Working in an office environment can cost employees £1,715 every year on work-related niceties, parties and gifts for colleagues, new research from Nationwide Building Society has found.
The Metro reported that, throughout the course of an employee's working life, this equates to more than two year’s take-home pay based on the average UK salary of £30,420 and tots up to around £68,600.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.