Periods at work have long been considered a taboo subject, with women feeling uncomfortable discussing it, as a recent DPG report of 2,000 menstruators found that 46% believed there is a noticeable stigma around the issue within the organisation they work for.
While more employers are putting initiatives in place to stamp out the stigma, one business has been criticised for its attempts.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.