Despite the people function yielding such a tight focus on legal compliance and striving to play it by the book, new research has revealed that more than half (59%) of UK businesses are unaware of upcoming employment law changes – even though these laws are proposed to come into effect in five months’ time (April 6 2020).
The survey, which was conducted by Citation, found that employers who are oblivious of the proposed legal changes in the Government’s Good Work Plan could be at risk of £20,000 in fines from employment tribunals as the Government will be making this the maximum penalty for “aggravated breaches”.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.