Many workers take extended employment breaks for reasons like starting and raising a family. While leaving the working world may be easy, it seems that getting back into the corporate cycle is a challenge for many.
A woman returning to work after a 21-year career break was left feeling ‘identity-less’ after she was asked to give evidence of what she had been doing since her previous job – despite taking a break to raise a family.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.