With the Bank Holiday Weekend in sight, employees all over the country will be counting down the hours until they can down tools until next Tuesday. And with a heatwave predicted to grace the weekend, for many it will be a time spent having BBQs, milling around in beer gardens and recharging the batteries.
However, some employees will unfortunately be working, like those selling you coals for your BBQ or pouring your Bank Holiday pint. So, can employees scheduled to work be forced to actually come in? We spoke to the experts to find out.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.