According to research from TUC, almost a third of employees have been bullied at work. The poll, which was carried out by YouGov for TUC, found that 72% of bullying cases are carried out by line managers. The study also flagged women as the more likely gender (34%) to be the victims of bullying.
Whilst bullying should surely be anathema to HR, reporting by one alleged victim of repeated workplace bullying should have earnest practitioners shuddering as the perpetrator was apprently the Head of HR.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.