A Coca-Cola billionaire has described the £8.5m he will be forced to pay to a former employee, after being found to have touched her inappropriately, as “ridiculous.”
Alkiviades David, who inherited a set of Coca-Cola bottling plants, was told to pay £2.3million in compensatory damages and a further £6million in punitive damages after a jury found him guilty of sexual battery and harassment.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.