The concept of onboarding is the action or process of integrating a new employee into an organisation. It is often sought as a way to familiarise the new recruit with the firm’s customer offering and product range.
Typical types of onboarding include discussing job goals and upcoming projects with line managers, giving new recruits a tour of the office and taking them out for a work lunch to help break the ice with colleagues.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.