Following the death of Love Island star Mike Thalassitis, ITV has pledged to offer future guests on the show therapy, social media training and financial advice. His death triggered calls for better aftercare for people starring on reality TV shows - BBC reports.
Thalassitis, who was affectionally nicknamed ‘Muggy Mike’ on the programme, was found dead in a North London park on Saturday, with Glamour UK stating that he committed suicide just days after his beloved nan passed away.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.