By early afternoon today, the average FTSE 100 CEO will have already been paid what it will take a typical UK worker an entire YEAR to earn, according to research from the High Pay Centre and the CIPD.
The average full-time worker in the UK earns a gross annual salary of £29,574, but a FTSE 100 CEO on an average pay packet of £3.9million only needs to work until 1pm on Friday 4 January 2019 to earn the same amount. As a result, today has been nicknamed ‘Fat Cat Friday’.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.