New research by Macmillan Cancer has recorded a spike in the number of calls from cancer patients regarding work-related problems.
The Telegraph reports that the figures have risen by 74% from fewer than 1,000 in 2015/16 to 1,711 in the year to May. And, the charity has already received 3,000 so far this calendar year with workers feeling more discriminated against than ever.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.