The UK may be the ‘sickie capital’ of Europe, with over a quarter (27%) of employees thinking it is acceptable to take a day off when they are not really ill, according to research from ADP.
The ‘People Unboxed’ study, which surveyed over 2,000 workers across France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and the UK, found that the European average percent who think it is fine to pull a sickie is 21% - a full six percentage points lower than the UK’s.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.