A mother has accused her employer of ruining her young son’s birthday plans after they withheld her wages - Hull Live reports.
Jade Powdrell, a carer based in Hull, alleges that her employer, Life Long Care Services, failed to pay her for her first two months in the job and believes she is owed over £1,200 – money that prevented her from throwing her child his second birthday party.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.