The vast majority of firms have asked candidates inappropriate and potentially illegal questions during job interviews, according to new research from Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS).
The researchers found that 85% of interviewers have asked questions such as ‘Have you got any plans to start a family?’ (42%)’ ‘Did you grow up outside of the UK?’ (45%) or ‘Are you physically fit and healthy?’ (53%).
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.