Office gossip can be many things – a way to socialise and blow off steam, or a way to vent minor problems to prevent them from becoming bigger ones. However, it also has a dark side, leaving people feeling victimised by cruel rumors or feeling left out of workplace cliques.
That’s why Apprentice finalist Michaela Wain, who appeared in last year's series of the BBC show, has enforced a ban on office gossip at her own businesses.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.