A detective for Merseyside Police clocked in for work so drunk that she thought she had finished her shift in just one hour, Wigan magistrates court heard.
Detective Constable Donna Montgomery, 51, was facing trial charged with driving with excess alcohol. On the day in question, she had arrived for duty at 10am but within minutes she had asked for annual leave and by 11am was so drunk she mistakenly believed the time was 2pm – the Telegraph reports.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.