Half (50%) of UK businesses are expecting to give their staff a pay rise of at least 2% in the next year, according to a survey by business organisation British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) and online recruitment company Indeed.
And for some employees, the news is even better - the survey, of over 1,000 businesses found that 6% of firms will increase pay by more than 5%, 32% by 2-5%, 12% in line with consumer price inflation, and 18% by 1-2%. Only 2% of firms say that they expect to decrease salaries.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.