Summer is never the easiest time to find new hires. People are on holiday, business is slower, and people would rather wait until everything settles down again before looking for a new job.
However, research from CV-Library suggests that, in some industries, recruiting could be easier due to pay rises far over the UK average. While advertised salaries for new roles increased by 1.2% in June, many industries outperformed this dramatically when compared with last summer’s salaries:
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.