For many people, a tasty snack can be the perfect motivation to get them through a difficult task or rough day at work. However, using food as a reward like this can lead to worse problems in the long run.
A study of 3,000 UK workers carried out by Perkbox has found that one function who are particularly likely to destress with a nibble is sales, with more than half (54%) of sales workers comfort eating to deal with the pressure of their job.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.