Curveball questions are usually advised against in job interviews, with their ability to make a confident candidate squirm and having absolutely nothing to do with the role at hand.
However, if a jobseeker has the impressive credentials to land an interview with a superboss, they’ll have to be well-versed in the art of the interview and able to handle an irrelevant to the job question which calls for creativity, logic and skill on the spot.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.