Being brutally honest to a colleague is akin to a nightmare for most Brits: but that’s exactly what is starting to happen at Charlie HR.
The concept is called ‘radical candour’. It was invented by Kim Scott, a former employee at Google and Apple. She describes it to BuzzFeed: “You have to care personally and challenge directly.”
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.