With 2017 around the corner, employees will be considering taking up something new, whether that’s a hobby, the gym or a new job.
One way to retain vital talent is to ensure that opportunities to both learn and progress are part and parcel of an organisation; otherwise, you run the risk of losing and having to replace an employee, which can cost an average of £30,614, Oxford Economics and income protection providers Unum calculated in 2014.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.