Nine out of ten self-employed professionals in the UK are happier working for themselves, as opposed to when they were in traditional employment.
According to a survey on 250 self-employed professionals by Markel, the top three things most enjoyed by self-employed workers are freedom in their working life, being their own boss and being able to fit their work around other commitments.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.