One in three 16-21 year olds (32%) in the UK lack confidence in local job prospects, and only 35% believe local firms offer career opportunities to match their ambitions.
The young people surveyed also feel that they lack awareness of opportunities (35%), and over half (56%) worry about gaining the relevant experience for the role they want, according to latest findings in the report, ‘Age of Uncertainty: Young people’s views on the challenges of getting into work in 21st Century Britain’ published yesterday by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and EY Foundation.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.