Students are feeling the pinch of a tough job market and are pulling their socks up, with over a third (36%) of the UK’s most recent graduates attempting to boost their employability since starting university.
Research by Nominet, which runs the '.uk' domain, revealed that students are ditching the nightclubs for networking, spending on average four hours a week on activities to boost their employability, equivalent to 208 hours a year.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.