An employee disenchanted with her company’s dress code has dug into her closet to make a point, dressing up in Cosplay every day in a bid to highlight the code’s futility.
June Rivas was told by her boss that “wearing her hair in a ponytail or donning a head scarf was unprofessional,” despite the company not having a dress code and simply stating employee’s clothing needed to be “clean and pressed” – Yahoo reports.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.