Holiday requests can often cause rifts within the workplace - however, when HR acts accordingly and fairly disputes can be avoided completely - The Telegraph reports.
An anonymous employer recently wrote into online forum Ask A Manager, asking advice after their “best employee” quit on the spot. They went on to say that the worker handed in her notice after the manager refused to give her a few hours off to attend her graduation.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.