Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has reportedly fired a number of employees by accident, according to the New York Post (NYP).
A spokesperson for the company has declared the story false, calling the allegations a rumour and adding that there is “zero truth to it.” However, the publication reports that inside sources told NYP journalist James Covert that due to an administrative mix-up, staff who were never meant to be shortlisted for dismissal were informed that they had been fired.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.