David Enser is co-Founder of the RES Forum and Head of International Mobility and Rewards Innovation for adidas Group. He spoke to HR Grapevine about the issue of centralising mandates versus engaging a workforce.
“One of the biggest challenges I deal with in my role is assessing and defining how we best achieve organisational impact as a central HR function. In many organisations this is a quick and simple task; the HRD says ‘it shall be so’ and the organisation follows. However, this is certainly not so for many organisations I have come across recently.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.