Sue Weir, CEO of Medicash, has called on George Osborne to make insurance premium tax (IPT) exempt on all healthcare insurance products.
As a result of the Chancellor of the Exchequer’s post-election Budget, there has been a massive increase of 58% in the IPT rate from six per cent to 9.5%. It came into force on 1st November 2015.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.