Following the recent refugee crisis, Recruitment Grapevine reported on a German start-up which aimed to place people into relevant roles in the community.
And now it’s fallen to recruitment consultancy Brightwork Group to continue the tradition of good will. The Edinburgh based company has vowed to match hard-working refugees with willing employers in a variety of careers. Brightwork has so far placed asylum seekers, who have been given the right to work in the UK, jobs such as domestic workers, security guards, concierges and school caretakers. Several have gone on to permanent employment or full-time university study.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.