Deloitte have piloted a system across seven Deloitte member firms – including in the UK, where 1,500 employees have participated – where the staff appraisal system has been removed.
Alec Bashinsky, Global Talent Partner at Deloitte, speaks to HR Grapevine about the decision, which was first considered in 2014: “We recognised that, across the firm, thousands of hours of our people’s time were being invested in a process that was not effective. These thousands of hours equated to millions of pounds in cost, and resulted in a dissatisfying experience for many of our people, as they worked their way through a highly administrative process.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.