According to Inclusive Boards’ 100 Most Influential BAME Leaders in Tech 2020 Report, in the UK tech sector only 19% of workers are from a working-class background compared to 33.3% of the nationwide population.
In contrast, its analysis found that those with parents from a professional-managerial background made up 45% of workers in the sector compared to 31.2% of the nationwide population.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.