When sorting the wheat from the proverbial chaff, recruiters resort to all sorts of outlandish methods. Bizarre job interview questions are something of a trend amongst high-flying executives, as they imagine that crazy and odd-ball tactics could help them secure top performing staff.
Bob Brennan, Executive Director at the software firm CA Technologies, is no exception. His preferred method of interviewing is to ask candidates one very telling question regarding their upbringing. Speaking to Adam Bryant of the New York Times, Brennan said his tactic is to ask: "What are the qualities you like least and most in your parents?"
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.